Friday, August 1, 2014

Homemade Friday: Spider hat! For sale!

I've been a bit lacking in the Homemade Friday posts.  I've been making tons of stuff but just haven't shown you any of it.  I am a bad blogger - but a pretty accomplished maker-of-stuff.


But most of what I've made has been to sell, or attempt to sell in my Etsy shop.  Which is the case with this cute little hat.

I got it in my head that I needed to knit another spider hat.  Remember this one?  I still love it and it's still for sale!


This new spider hat is knit using colorwork and a spider design.  It's not nearly as creepy as the first one, and actually is kind of adorable.  At least I think so.


It's knit in the same way as the deer hats. (Fornicating deer!  I have two for sale for $30 but not listed yet.  Anybody want one?)

I knit one side, then picked up stitches and knit the other side so it's reversible.  That makes it really thick because there's basically four layers of yarn.


These type of projects are really fun.  I'm relatively knew to colorwork (two years, maybe?) and it still amazes me that I can create a picture with a bit of yarn and time.

If you are interested - this hat will fit a child probable age 1 to 3.  My daughter, the model, is almost 4 but has a tiny head.  It costs $25.


Hopefully next week I'll have something else to show you!  Even though I still have a lot of sewing I'd like to do I've been thinking a lot about knitting recently.  It is August, which means time to start planning for winter!  And if this one is anything like the last one everybody needs more sweaters!  And hats!  Sebastian has already requested his very own spider hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!