Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Ill-advised fashion blogging

Hello.

This morning I thought I'd write a post with pictures to show you how I 'styled' my 'DIY' Crepe Dress, and I even took pictures.

I thought I'd share it with you because I was wearing dark purple tights, and we all know that it takes guts to wear dark purple tights.  And also that wearing dark purple tights is an excellent indicator of how artsy and cool and with-it you are.

I picked out the outfit last night, as I usually do now that I am a WORKING WOMAN.  This is mainly because I still can't drag my weary bones out of bed in the morning early enough to spend a significant amount of time on my appearance.  (By 'significant' of course I mean 'more than 10 minutes total.')

So I put the outfit together last night and nodded at it, completely satisfied because it was edgy-ish and fun, which are two adjectives I hope describe me.  I mean, maybe not 'edgy' so much as I'm usually the opposite of that unless it's considered 'edgy' to want to spend all of your time making stuff.  (Is it?)  But I do believe I'm fun.  Unless I'm reading, then just leave me alone.

I saw a woman glancing at my tights this morning during daycare drop-off, and I like to think her little turned up nose and smirk were her way of giving approval to my daring fashion choices.

After getting that fellow mother's mental high-five I decided to take my picture and share it with you and show you my astounding attire for the day.  I had to run back home anyway before work because I'd forgotten many, many things during the morning rush of walking out the door, so it was the perfect time for me as the photos would not include random children blocking my awesome.

As always, since my camera has destroyed itself, I have to use my phone.

So I did.  Using the bathroom mirror.

And then I realized that maybe I shouldn't be telling people how to dress, or even showing people what I am wearing.

A fashion blogger I am not.

I'm not saying the outfit is bad, because I still love it.

I'm just saying that maybe I am not the best at photographing myself in a bathroom with my phone and poor lighting.  Also maybe I should have taken my coat off.  And maybe de-frumped the upper part of the dress.  And possibly found a camera other than my phone in a space that wasn't my roughly-lit bathroom.


However - bonus!  You don't have to see exactly how tired I am because the yellow lighting creates a filter that makes everything super dreamy-like.


Or maybe I am wrong?

Anyway, my sort-of point is that many times people are scared of print and color and I happen to love both, especially if there are flowers involved.  I love (no LURVE) pieces of clothing with flowers on them.  (I should probably look for some floral tights because awesome.)

But isn't life a bit more enjoyable if you take some chances and have a good time with what you're wearing?

(Of course, this is most difficult if you are married to my husband who calls my new, fun boots "Tank Girl" boots, which you would think would be a compliment.  However it was not.

I don't care, Husband.  I like them.)

(Not a picture of the boots.)
And just so you can actually sort of see the color of my dark purple tights in all their florescent-lit glory, here you go:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!